How good it would be if you could brew your morning coffee without leaving the bed? Imagine the level of comfort you could experience if your bedroom is already set to your preferred temperature while you return home from office. How about that little home robot cleaning up your house while no one is around? Do these thoughts take you to a dream world of smart home?
With Internet of Things (IoT) entering common people’s lives, such convenience and comfort is experienced in real world scenario. We live in digital era where anything to everything is possible to control at the tap of fingertips. All the devices, gadgets and even home appliances are becoming smart to create an automated ecosystem of smart home.
What are smart appliances or smart devices?
The trend of adding word ‘smart’ ahead of any device or gadget name is gaining momentum after understanding the utility these appliances. What makes a device, gadget or appliance smart? Let’s understand the theory behind smart things:
Smart device is nothing but a regular electronic device that is wirelessly connected to other gadgets or appliances through Wi-Fi. Speaking in layman’s language, smart appliances are the ones that have support for internet and can be controlled remotely via wireless networks.
Number of smart devices is proliferating with increased demand for it among audience. Smartphone, Smart TV, Smart Air Conditioner and Smart Home are some common names that we know and use in day-to-day lives.
These devices when synchronized with each other form an integrated ecosystem of IoT. Mobile applications that operate such devices remotely for user’s convenience pave way for an altogether new experience of connected living and home automation.
1. Smart Living Room & Bedroom: Smart Home Basics
Installing smart gadgets in your living room will redefine your lifestyle and account for home automation:
- Smart lighting system enables the user to control the brightness of bedroom or living room as per your mood at the touch of fingertips. If you have plans of watching movie then dim the lights; while in case you decide to work from home, set appropriate brightness. Smart homes with such amenities are like a dream come true.
- All the entertainment devices such as television, music system, projector and set top box of smart home are integrated to operate in co-ordination with each other. These devices can be individually controlled through remote control mobile application as per user’s requirements.
- Sensors installed in bedroom sense the current temperature and set air conditioner or heater mode accordingly to account for favorable climate for users. Such home automation features are hard to miss out on.
Experience Home Automation with Smart Kitchen
Smart kitchen is a new commonplace with advent of IoT and smart home. As we are talking about renewed experienced of home automation with Internet of Things (IoT), let’s understand how it improvises our kitchen living:
- Smart cooking pots are built to operate remotely through a mobile application to control temperature, total time for cooking and even turn device ON or OFF.
- Users can cook with extreme accuracy and precision with smart cooker that possesses an array of functionalities to operate manually as well as remotely. For remote control, such smart cookers are synchronized with other Wi-Fi enabled devices to blend with IoT smart home system.
- Smart coffee vending machine accepts on-demand request for coffee or tea through mobile application while you are still lazing on bed in your smart home.
- Smart refrigerator keeps a track record of eatables, drinks and groceries in stock and notifies which items needs to be refilled. This eliminates the overhead for you to take care of every single item missing in the kitchen.
This concept of smart kitchen as a part of smart home is now finding place in majority of homes and living.
Smart Home Security (Indoors as well as Outdoors)
Internet of Things (IoT) has given rise to a new concept of ‘smart parking’ which enables users to detect nearby available parking space. Apart from parking, IoT has played a significant role in securing homes, exteriors of home and garden space with help of motion sensors installed at windows and doors.
These sensors are integrated with IoT smart home security system to notify registered users of visitors to home. These systems can be programmed for different levels of security like getting notified for windows and doors being opened or closed. CCTV cameras installed at home provide precise information on who visited the house at what time.
These IoT powered smart systems raise a siren in case of any suspicious activity for sending out warning of intruder entry. Cameras, sensors, siren and IoT mobile app of smart home security together contribute in making indoor as well as outdoor space of home completely secured.
Smart Energy Monitoring
Our convenience and comfort quotient is increasing with the advent of smart kitchen appliances, smart TV, smart air conditioner and smartphones. While we use so many gadgets in our day-to-day lives, it is mandatory to think of power saving techniques that could keep your electricity bill of smart home in check.
Smart energy monitoring leverages the theory of IoT to monitor real time consumption of power and get detailed report of day, week or month’s overall usage. Using this home automation system, users can benefit by setting timer to turn AC and lights off automatically at particular hours of the day when no one is at home. Such automated and programmed scheduling of appliances and real time tracking of power usage results in efficient power savings.
Do you feel smarter now?
Things around you are becoming smart for offering you extreme comfort and convenience. From online banking, flight booking, hotel reservations to online shopping, everything is controlled through smartphones. Digitization has already captured our lives, with IoT making a guest appearance in it.
Internet of Things (IoT) has revolutionized the way we think and live. Let’s embrace this change and home automation to welcome a connected living that is not only smart but also intelligent.
Are you looking forward to live in a smart home that completely understands your pattern of living and works as per your daily schedule? Contact the most reputed home automation company that install and integrate all your devices to form a connected ecosystem of smart home. What are you waiting for?
Live Smart, Think Smarter.
We’d love to hear from you!
Sign up for our latest blog posts and we’ll keep you updated. Oh, and we don’t spam.